0 Flares 0 Flares ×
For anyone watching their carb intake, this is an excellent substitution for mashed potatoes.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon sour cream (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped chives, bacon bits (optional)
- Rinse cauliflower under cool water.
- Trim florets from the base of the cauliflower.
- Place a steamer basket in a large soup pot and fill the bottom of the pot with water.
- Place cauliflower florets into the steamer basket, cover with a lid and turn burner onto medium heat.
- Steam cauliflower until fork tender. About 10-15 minutes. ****see note below
- Place steamed cauliflower into a food processor or high speed blender.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add a tablespoon of butter and/or sour cream if desired
- Puree until smooth, and serve.
- Optional garnish is to top with chopped chives and/or bacon bits
****Note: cauliflower can be microwaved until tender instead of steamed